Sunday, May 4, 2008

wallpapers, etc.

Q: What do you get when you combine a snow day with internet access? A: Me wasting time on the computer. Through snow days off of school, rainy days stuck inside, and afternoons with nothing to do, I eventually discovered that I could create image files using Microsoft PowerPoint slides (yeah, I know, mild to moderate computer-nerdism), which led to the fruit of my trivial labors, these wallpapers. I hate to let them collect e-dust, so maybe someone will use them. Enjoy!

The Batmobile Wallpapers

Over the course of digging myself into a wiki-hole one day, I stumbled upon the article on that legendary pimp mobile, the Batmobile. The article included a link to this fan site which included a history of the car in its many incarnations. Upon going through the main chronology, the idea to compile the many Batmobiles into a black wallpaper struck me, leading to these three.

Batmobiles 1
Batmobiles 2
Batmobiles 3

The Sports Wallpapers

Sadly, the only pro sports I watch on a regular basis are football and hockey, but putting logos together into a league wallpaper seemed like an amusing idea, so I took it and ran with it. Rather than leave you wondering "Why is there no NFL wallpaper", I'll explain. I did in fact create a wallpaper of NFL helmets, but I'm saving this for a football season mega-post.

NHL hockey
NBA basketball
MLB baseball

3 comments:

Lydia Russell said...

Awesome MLB wallpaper! I like how you seperated the NL and AL.

Saucy said...

Thanks! The original drafts of the sports wallpapers had the teams as one big mass, until finally I got the idea of separating them into conferences/leagues. Anyway, it's nice to know I'm getting some readership haha. :)

Anonymous said...

Great NHL wallpaper! I love how you sorted the teams in to EC and WC, even the divisions! Logos are pretty good and clear. One thing is that are you able to expand the size of the wallpaper.